Antec High Power Gamer M 750W
OverviewHardware: Cases & PSU
WHAT WE LIKED:Stylish design; Modular; LED fan; Excellent overall performance
WHAT WE DISLIKED:Slightly expensive; Fan noisy at load; Short hard-wired cable lengths
Discuss in the Forum
Below are the features, from Antec:
“Antec’s HCG M power supplies are the perfect combination of power and efficiency. The HCG M features special heavy-duty High Current connectors and cabling that supply extreme levels of power, and superb efficiency thanks to 80 PLUS® BRONZE certification and Active PFC. HCG M’s innovative 16-pin sockets create a new level of flexibility by doubling the modular connectivity, supporting two different 8-pins connectors and even future connectors of 10, 12, 14 or 16-pins. Highest-quality connectors, Japanese-brand capacitors, and a quiet 135 mm double ball bearing LED fan complete the package. CircuitShield™ makes the HCG-750M safe and reliable in any environment with its nine industrial-grade protections. If loads of power, High Current engineering and extreme efficiency are what you’re after, the HCG M is the PSU for you.”
The particulars are below:
- 750W Continuous Power – Guaranteed 750W of Continuous Power from Antec
- 80 PLUS BRONZE certified – Up to 88% efficient, to reduce your electricity bill
- AQ5 – Antec Quality 5 year warranty and lifetime global 24/7 support
- 16-pin Socket – Industry-leading 16-pin sockets double the modular connectivity by supporting 2 different 8-pin cables per socket and allow for future connector changes
- 135 mm LED DBB Silence – Whisper-quiet high-quality double ball bearing LED fan with long lifetime
- Thermal Manager – An advanced low voltage fan control for optimal heat & noise management
- High Current Rails – 2 +12V rails with high load capabilities ensure maximum CPU & GPU compatibility
- 99.2% +12V – Output for maximum CPU & GPU support
- Multi PCI-E – 4 PCI-E connectors for multiple GPU support
- NVIDIA SLI-Ready & AMD Crossfire certified – Tested & certified by NVIDIA for SLI & AMD for Crossfire systems
- CircuitShield™ – Full suite of industrial grade protections: Over Current Protection (OCP), Over Voltage Protection (OVP), Under Voltage Protection (UVP), Short Circuit Protection (SCP), Over Power Protection (OPP), Over Temperature Protection (OTP) & Surge & Inrush Protection (SIP)
- Japanese Heavy-Duty Caps – High-performance Japanese capacitors ensure tightest DC stability and regulation
- Stealth Wires – All wires darkened for minimal visibility in chassis
The box for the High Power Gamer M is typical Antec; black with a yellow band and splash of red. On the front we see the wattage, 750W in this instance, a 135mm LED fan, and modular cable management, along with 80PLUS Bronze and SLI certification (CrossFire is as well, though no AMD badge here).
The rear of the box contains a bit more detailed information about the features and specifications.
The accessories included are unsurprisingly extremely minimal: User’s Manual, mounting screws, and power cable. Barebones, but everything you need to get up and running.
The modular cables are finished in black-sleeving, looking rather stealthy. Cable lengths are sufficient, but not much slack to be found; if you have a full tower case you may need to be very deliberate about your cabling to keep internals tidy.