Akasa Freedom Xone
Features & Package
From Akasa: "Akasa Freedom products are designed to unleash the performance of your system. Freedom Xone is a cutting edge midi tower case delivering superb cooling. A “Black is Black” case with a sleek black interior; the striking appearance of the mesh front panel with pure white illumination provides constant airflow.
The cool black chassis uses zoned thermal management including base mounted PSU and smart cable management giving that clean tidy system. All round easy access including rear entry to the motherboard for heatsink back plate fitting and tool free HDD installation makes system building a breeze. Full size hi-performance VGA cards are accommodated and kept cool with side panel ventilation."
- Stylish mesh front panel with pure white illumination
- Zonal thermal management for direct PSU, HDD, CPU & VGA cooling
- Ventilated side panels for cooling high-end VGA cards
- Cool black interior with smart cable management
- All round easy access and tool free installation
- Rear access to motherboard for easy cooler back plate installation
- Accommodation for five fans, 12cm front and 14cm top installed
Below are the specifications of the Freedom Xone:
- Color: Black
- Material: Steel, ABS Plastic, Mesh bezel
- Dimension: (H) 445 x (W) 200 x (D) 482mm
- Weight: 23.42 lbs (10.6 kg)
- M/B Type: ATX, Micro-ATX
- 5.25″ Drive Bay: 4 External
- 3.5″ Drive Bay: 1 External, 5 Internal
- Cooling System: 1 x front 120mm fan
-1 x top 140mm fan
-2 x 120mm side panel fan mounts
-1 x 120mm rear fan mounts
-2 x ports for external water cooling
- Fans Included: 120 x 120 x 25mm, white LED, 1200RPM (front) / 140 x 140 x 25mm, black, 1000RPM (top)
- Power Supply: Supports ATX and EPS, base mounted, dust filter included
- SLI Supports: Triple VGA (with VGA Holder)
- Expansion Slots: 7
- I/O Ports: 2 x USB 2.0, eSATA, HD/AC’97 Audio
The Akasa Freedom Xone arrived in your standard issue LAN case style of box, featuring the chassis. After 8 days on the road you can understand the number of times this box of loaded, unloaded, maybe dropped and it still came through without a single blemish on the case itself.
The box was of heavy cardboard walls of the box are thick and the case is secured between two hard Styrofoam pieces, providing more than enough protection to the case and help up nicely in shipment. Our interest is in the Freedom Xone chassis itself, so let’s move on.
With the Akasa Freedom Xone came your typical standard, screws, cable ties (which are white, black ties would have been much nicer with the black interior however, the Freedom Xone does not have a windowed side panel so it is not really that important) manual, speaker, Hard Drive rails, two 5.25” to 3.5” adapters and a nice label featuring the Akasa logo and the chassis. As you can see there is a nice array of goodies to enable most any possibilities of equipment being installed.
Let’s take a closer look at the exterior now.