Taipei, Taiwan, September 13th, 2016 – ASUSTOR Inc., a leading innovator and provider of network storage solutions, has announced the launch of 2 brand new rackmount NAS models powered by Intel Braswell processors. These 2 new models are the single power supply AS6204RS and dual power supply AS6204RD. Both come with powerful core specifications and a rich variety of expansion interfaces allowing for unparalleled agility and seamless integration in demanding enterprise environments. The 4 high speed Ethernet ports also allow businesses to flexibly deploy network traffic providing stable access performance. Furthermore, the AS6204RS and AS6204RD have passed stringent hard disk compatibility testing, and support the largest hard disks on the market (10TB), allowing businesses to create 40TB high capacity storage spaces.
The AS6204 and AS6204RD come built-in with the ADM operating system, which features a simplified graphical user interface that feels intuitive for any first-time user. ADM provides a variety of management tools for enterprise including seamless integration with Windows AD account management, batch account creation and importation, support for Windows ACL 13 types of advanced file permissions, two-way backup with Mission Mode, event notifications, system self-checkup tools and iSCSI snapshots. These tools help to simplify daily system management while increasing productivity.
“With regards to software, ASUSTOR provides the simplified ADM operating system. With regards to hardware, ASUSTOR’s efforts are apparent in the attention to detail that we put into crafting each device,” said Johnny Chen, Product Manager at ASUSTOR. “For example, most enterprise server rooms contain multiple servers. When IT staff goes in to perform maintenance on particular device it may be difficult to locate the device quickly. ASUSTOR’s AiMaster mobile NAS management app features the Find Me function which causes the NAS to beep and flash its lights, making it easy to find. Also, each rackmount NAS also features a dedicated service light on the back of the device. This light becomes activated after pushing a button on the front panel and helps guide IT staff to locate the correct device.”
Under RAID 5 configurations, transfer performance on the AS6204RS and AS6204RD is able to approach the maximum throughput of Ethernet with read and write speeds of over 307 MB/s and 357 MB/s (Link Aggregation, iSCSI/RAID 5), providing stable multi-user access and multitasking. Additionally, all data and connections can be protected via a variety of features such as RAID data protection, 256-bit data encryption, firewall, Network Defender, HTTPS connections, 2-step verification mechanism, and antivirus.
- Intel Celeron 1.6GHz Quad-Core Processor (Automatic Overclocking to 2.24GHz)
- RAID 5 Read Speed of up to 307 MB/s and Write Speed of up to 357 MB/s (Link Aggregation, iSCSI)
- Supports Intel AES-NI Hardware Encryption Engine
- Built-in Dual-Channel 4 GB SO-DIMM DDR3L High Speed Memory (Expandable up to 8 GB, 4 GB x 2)
- 4 x Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- 4 x SuperSpeed USB 3.0 (5 GB/s) Port
- 1 x HDMI 1.4b Port
- 1 x RS-232 Com Port
- Supports RAID Volume Management: Single, JBOD, RAID 0/1/5/6/10, RAID 0/1/5/6/10+Hot Spare
- Supports Hot Swappable Hard Disks
- Disk Tray Locks
- LED Service Light
- Supports Largest Capacity Hard Disks on the Market (10 TB)
- Smart Fan Temperature Control
- AS6204RD Features Dual Power Supplies
Key Software Specifications for ADM 2.6
- Seamless Cross-Platform File Access (Windows, Mac, Unix-Like Operating Systems)
- Virtualization Support: Citrix, Hyper-V, VMware (NFS)
- Scheduled and Automatic iSCSI LUN Snapshots
- Virtual Machine Support with VirtualBox (ASUSTOR Portal and ADM Web Interface)
- Comprehensive Backup Solutions (Public Cloud, Local Device, PC, Mobile Devices)
- Integrates Windows AD, Windows ACL Permissions and Batch Importation of Accounts
- SNMP Network Management Protocol Support
- Instant System Event Notifications (Email, SMS or Push Notification)
- Supports 3-Step Seamless System Migration
- Supports Online Capacity Expansion and RAID Level Migration
- Supports N-1 MyArchive Hard Disks with Encryption and Binding of USB Devices as Encryption Keys
- Newly Added File System Support for MyArchive (EXT4, NTFS, HFS+) Increases Compatibility of MyArchive Disks.
- Remote Access via Cloud Connect Technology
- App Central App Repository Features Rich Variety of Apps for Multimedia, Business Productivity and More.
- Surveillance Center Supports up to 25 Camera Channels
All ASUSTOR NAS products feature 3-year warranties. For more detailed purchasing information please contact your local ASUSTOR dealer.
For more product information please visit: http://www.asustor.com
Compatibility table: http://www.asustor.com/service/compatibility