Taipei, Taiwan, January 21st, 2016 – ASUSTOR Inc., a leading innovator and provider of network storage solutions, has announced the release of its Photo Gallery 2.0 beta version App, which significantly upgrades the foundational database technology of the previous version, provides a more intuitive interface and enhances overall performance. Photo Gallery provides an extremely efficient cloud photo album management platform for users who enjoy engaging in digital photography with their cameras, phones and other mobile devices.
The latest version of Photo Gallery offers significant upgrades, using new database technology, adding support for multiple levels of folders, and greatly increasing thumbnail processing speeds for a smoother browsing experience. Furthermore, a variety of intuitive features have been added to the user interface. Users can now choose between “Album” and “Browse” modes when viewing their photos. This allows users to conveniently view all photos in the various subfolders of an album as if they were on the same level or browse according the multiple levels of an album’s subfolder structure. Users can also customize the browsing interface according to their preferences. Customizable items include language, hide/show number of comments, show the total number of photos on a page, image aspect ratio, and the ability to prioritize image quality or speed according to the usage environment or device in order to maintain an optimal browsing experience.
“In our modern technological age, the total output of digital photos is growing significantly every day. The ability to manage all these photos has become a key issue for many individuals,” said Vincent Tseng, Product Manager at ASUSTOR. “Photo Gallery allows users to save time and effort while helping them to centrally manage all of their photos. Users will be able to effortlessly browse and share all of their favorite photos with friends and family around the globe.”
The Photo Gallery 2.0 beta version supports all ASUSTOR NAS devices running ADM version 2.5.2BDF1 and onwards. All users are welcome to download it from the Beta Apps section in ASUSTOR’s App Central. Along with the Photo Gallery 2.0 beta, ASUSTOR will also be launching the AiFoto 2.0 beta for Android, further enhancing users’ digital photography experience on ASUSTOR NAS.
Key features for the Photo Gallery 2.0 beta version
- “Album” and “Browse” viewing modes: “Album” mode, organizes all the photos from the various subfolders of an album into a single level for convenient browsing while “Browse” mode allows users to browse through photos in detail according the album and subfolder infrastructure.
- Multi-level folder structure support: In “Browse” mode users can create multiple levels of subfolders. And for second level folders can assign permissions, providing flexibility for permissions management.
- Concealable side navigation bar: Provides album thumbnails and total photo count for each album.
- User preferences: Individual users can decide whether to show the total number of comments and whether or not to have the side bar automatically open to the location of the current album being viewed. Users can also change the interface language and configure image quality according to browsing device, optimizing the browsing experience.
- Intuitive sorting: Ability to sort images in ascending or descending order according to file name or time taken.
- Adjustable browsing: Supports photo wall, 1:1, 4:3 and 16:9 image ratios for display along with ability to scale down images to a minimum of 0.60 times. The number of photos shown per page can also be configured (50, 100, 250, 500, 1000).
- Automatic image rotation to correct orientation, saving time and energy.
- Comprehensive search function: Can use keywords to search within specified albums and folders. Can also specify search criteria such as file name, album name, file description, comments, commenter, time taken, time uploaded and tags.
- One-click sharing to social media (Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Plurk, email)
- Intuitive drag and drop management: In “Browse” mode, supports directly dragging and dropping photos to move them.
- Can configure album cover and tags (for single photo or batch of photos).
- Slideshow viewing mode
- Provides comment function for users to interact with each other.
- Supports a wide range of image formats: RAW, PNG, JPEG, TIFF, GIF
- Supports video playback
For more product information please visit: http://www.asustor.com
Download the Photo Gallery 2.0 beta version: http://appdownload.asustor.com/0010_999_1453281816_photo-gallery_2.0.0.r841_any.apk
Download the AiFoto 2.0 beta version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asustor.aifoto
We welcome any feedback and comments. Please share your thoughts with us: http://support.asustor.com/