QNAP Releases QTS 4.2 Official: Empowers Business and Home Life
QNAP Releases QTS 4.2 Official: Empowers Business and Home Life with New Features Including Snapshot, Hybrid Virtualization, Cloud Sync and More
Taipei, Taiwan, October 08, 2015 – QNAP® Systems, Inc. today announced the official release of QTS 4.2 – the smart NAS operating system that empowers users to achieve more in their business and home life. With a revamped user interface and many exciting features, QTS 4.2 makes for smarter, smoother and more spectacular cloud experiences with stronger security.
“Since the QTS 4.2 Beta release, we have been inundated with positive feedback and suggestions from users and reviewers. These valuable opinions have provided constant inspiration for our development team to refine the usability and functionality of QTS to better fit users’ needs,” said Tony Lu, product manager of QNAP. “We greatly appreciate everyone who has helped us with improving QTS 4.2 and we will continue to integrate more features requested by our users,” added Lu.
New apps and features in QTS 4.2 includes,
- Revamped user interface: Incorporates a flat design, frameless media viewer, and convenient recycle bin for a better browsing experience
- Refined multimedia experience: Multi-zone multimedia controls allow users to centrally manage media via various streaming protocols/services; The Photo Station with a major UI overhaul gives a new browsing experience. HD Station adds more useful apps with multilingual and multi-tasking support.
- Optimized storage management and cloud backup: Storage Manager adds a handy snapshot tool for volume/LUN backup and restoration. Several enhancements are included to improve business efficiency and performance such as SSD cache acceleration, QJBOD (JBOD enclosure roaming), cloud sync support for Google Drive™ and Dropbox®, and more comprehensive backup solutions.
- Flexible hybrid approach to virtualization: QTS 4.2 introduces an industry-leading hybrid virtualization solution allowing users to run complete OS VMs with Virtualization Station and lightweight virtualization with Container Station that supports both LXC and Docker®.
- Higher data security: Several security mechanisms have been added to ensure data security including 2-step verification, shared folder encryption, instant notifications to mobile devices and VPN server with L2TP/IPsec support.
- Enhanced cloud connections with File Station and myQNAPcloud: File Station adds remote connections to public cloud services and also shared folders from a remote NAS. myQNAPcloud provides a new dashboard for users to centrally manage multiple NAS with stronger security mechanisms such as myQNAPcloud ID control and SSL certificates (sold separately).
- More apps and utilities bring productivity: Qsirch is a powerful full-text search engine for quickly finding files on a QNAP NAS. Qsync allows users to centrally manage user privileges and settings for synchronization from a single device to every other device. Q’center (available as an app and virtual appliance) turns a QNAP NAS (or a server) into a central management system for multiple NAS across multiple sites. More useful apps and utilities are available from the QTS App Center.
Availability & Compatibility
QTS 4.2 is now available for the following QNAP NAS models:
- 24-bay: SS-EC2479U-SAS-RP, TS-EC2480U-RP, TVS-EC2480U-SAS-RP
- 18-bay: SS-EC1879U-SAS-RP
- 16-bay: TVS-EC1680U-SAS-RP, TS-EC1680U-RP, TS-EC1679U-SAS-RP, TS-EC1679U-RP, TS-1679U-RP
- 15-bay: TVS-EC1580MU-SAS-RP
- 12-bay: SS-EC1279U-SAS-RP, TVS-EC1280U-SAS-RP, TVS-1271U-RP, TS-EC1280U-RP, TS-EC1279U-SAS-RP, TS-EC1279U-RP, TS-1279U-RP, TS-1270U-RP,TS-1269U-RP, TS-1253U-RP, TS-1253U, TS-1263U-RP, TS-1263U
- 10-bay: TS-1079 Pro, TVS-EC1080+, TVS-EC1080, TS-EC1080 Pro
- 8-bay: TVS-EC880, TVS-871U-RP, TVS-871, TVS-870, TVS-863+, TVS-863, TS-EC880U-RP, TS-EC880 Pro, TS-EC879U-RP, TS-879U-RP, TS-879 Pro, TS-870U-RP, TS-870 Pro, TS-870, TS-869U-RP, TS-869L, TS-869 Pro, TS-859U-RP+, TS-859U-RP, TS-859 Pro+, TS-859 Pro, TS-853U-RP, TS-853U, TS-853S Pro, TS-853 Pro, TS-851, SS-839 Pro, TVS-871T, TS-863U-RP, TS-863U
- 6-bay: TVS-671, TVS-670, TVS-663, TS-670 Pro, TS-670, TS-669L, TS-669 Pro, TS-659 Pro+, TS-659 Pro II, TS-659 Pro, TS-653 Pro, TS-651, TS-639 Pro
- 5-bay: TS-569L, TS-569 Pro, TS-563, TS-559 Pro+, TS-559 Pro II, TS-559 Pro
- 4-bay: TVS-471U-RP, TVS-471U, TVS-471, TVS-470, TVS-463, TS-470U-SP, TS-470U-RP, TS-470 Pro, TS-470, TS-469U-SP, TS-469U-RP, TS-469L, TS-469 Pro, TS-459U-RP+/SP+, TS-459U-RP/SP, TS-459 Pro+, TS-459 Pro II, TS-459 Pro, TS-453U-RP, TS-453U, TS-453S Pro, TS-453mini, TS-453 Pro, TS-451U, TS-451S, TS-451, TS-439U-RP/SP, TS-439 Pro II+, TS-439 Pro II, TS-439 Pro, TS-431U, TS-431+, TS-431, TS-421U, TS-421, TS-420U, TS-420-D, TS-420, TS-419U+, TS-419U II, TS-419U, TS-419P+, TS-419P II, TS-419P, TS-412U, TS-412, TS-410U, TS-410, SS-439 Pro, IS-400 Pro, TS-463U-RP, TS-463U
- 2-bay: TS-269L, TS-269H, TS-269 Pro, TS-259 Pro+, TS-259 Pro, TS-253 Pro, TS-251C, TS-251, TS-239H, TS-239 Pro II+, TS-239 Pro II, TS-239 Pro, TS-231+, TS-231, TS-221, TS-220, TS-219P+, TS-219P II, TS-219P, TS-219, TS-212P, TS-212-E, TS-212, TS-210, HS-251, HS-210
- 1-bay: TS-131, TS-121, TS-120, TS-119P+, TS-119P II, TS-119, TS-112P, TS-112, TS-110
Please note that some features may not be available for all models. For more information about QTS 4.2, please visit https://www.qnap.com/qts/4.2/.
QNAP Systems, Inc., as its brand promise “Quality Network Appliance Provider”, aims to deliver comprehensive offerings of cutting edge network attached storage (NAS) and network video recorder (NVR) solutions featured with ease-of-use, robust operation, large storage capacity, and trustworthy reliability. QNAP integrates technologies and designs to bring forth quality products that effectively improve business efficiency on file sharing, virtualization applications, storage management and surveillance in the business environments, as well as enrich entertainment life for home users with the offering of a fun multimedia center experience. Headquartered in Taipei, QNAP delivers its solutions to the global market with nonstop innovation and passion.