MACH XTREME TECHNOLOGY UNVEILS POSTAGE STAMP SIZED DIY SERIES SSD
In Taipei, Taiwan on January 2, 2014 Mach Xtreme Technology Inc. announced the DIY™ Series SATA2 SSD. This new DIY Series SSD is the latest addition to the MX Technology lineup. This new series of devices offers the hardware modding enthusiast a flexible storage solution in a form factor that is 10 times smaller than a standard 2.5” SSD, and weight over 10 times less.These postage stamp sized SSDs are available in two versions: vertical and horizontal.These modules are designed to tackle a range of storage applications, including operating system, booting, data logging, application hosting, caching, and fast data backup.
These drives are fully compliant with AHCI standard and thus are plug and play. The MX-DIY drive delivers best in class read and write speeds clocking in at up to 220MB/s read and 80MB/s write along with superior durability (2.5 million MTBF) and power efficiency under 1.2W compared to mainstream 2.5” SATA 3Gb/s drives. The drives are available in capacities of 8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB and come with a 2 Year Warranty.
DIY™ Series SATA DOM SSD at A Glance:
• SATA2 interface
• No SATA signal cable needed
• Driver-less Installation
• Power Consumption: up to 1.2W
• Max. Read Performance up to 220MB/s (64GB)
• Max. Write Performance up to 80MB/s (64GB)
• Dimensions: [V] 25.28 x 39.54 x 6.8mm / [H] 21.5 x 29.5 x 10.0 mm (LxWxH)
• Weight: 6.5g [V] / 4.5g [H]
• Certification: ROHS, CE, FCC
• Capacity: 8GB (MXSSD2MSLD8G-V/H), 16GB (MXSSD2MSLD16G-V/H), 32GB (MXSSD2MSLD32G-V/H) and 64GB (MXSSD2MSLD64G-V/H)
• Warranty: 2-Years