iTwin SecureBox – Your Key to Secure Cloud Storage
- Drag & Drop Simplicity: iTwin SecureBox automatically encrypts files dragged into the SecureBox folder and seamlessly integrates with Dropbox™, requiring no extra steps.
- Plug & Play Operation: Plugging iTwin into a computer automatically decrypts and presents the files that had been encrypted using iTwin SecureBox.
- 2-Factor Authentication: Hardware key plus an optional password.
- Hardware-Based Security: AES 256-bit encryption, in AES-GCM* mode, with the encryption-keys residing only on the iTwin devices. The encrypted files will appear as gibberish to anyone who does not have the physical iTwin device that was used to encrypt. Even the filenames are obfuscated.
iTwin launched the iTwin ‘remote file access’ device in 2010, which made remote access as simple as using a flash drive. Now, iTwin has taken the significant step of introducing iTwin SecureBox, which combines iTwin’s hardware-key based security with the ease-of-access offered by the Cloud.
* AES-GCM mode provides for both authenticated encryption and data integrity checks.
‘Dropbox’ is the registered trademark of Dropbox, Inc. and iTwin does not claim ownership of this mark. iTwin SecureBox is not related to ‘Dropbox’ or Dropbox, Inc.