ECS Announces Its First Ever Modmen PC Modding Competition
Elitegroup Computer Systems (ECS) today announces it is teaming up with Thermaltake, G.skill and various media partners to announce its first ever worldwide Modmen PC modding competition. Starting on October 11, 2012, ECS is searching for the Modmen of the year. The Grand Prize winner will become a Taiwan millionaire (approx. US $33,333). To register for the contest head to www.ecs.com.tw. All submissions must be sent before February 28, 2013. To be eligible for this contest all contestants need to have an ECS motherboard purchased after 9/20/2012 or have an ECS Golden Board.
There are two stages of competition. The first stage takes place online. The top 10 case modders will be determined by a combination of online votes and ECS’ own modding judges. The modder with the most votes will win US $1,000. The top 5 PC modders that qualify for the second stage of the competition, besides winning cash and prizes, will be flown to Taiwan and given accommodation to compete at Computex for a chance to win the Grand Prize – approx. US$33,333. During the competition the top five contestants will showcase their mods at ECS’ booth and a panel of accredited judges and the audience will determine the grand prize winner.
The sixth through tenth place modders will also win a host of prizes sponsored by Thermaltake and G.skill. See below for more prize information.
ECS is proud to host this competition and hopes to ignite the skill and creativity of the world’s best modders in search of ECS’ Modmen of the year.
- Top 5 modders will receive:US $1,000, Thermaltake (1) Armor Revo Gene case, (1) SMART 750W PSU, (1) Frio Advanced cooler, (1) SHOCK White or Black headset and G.skill(1) set of TridentX(4x4GB)RAM, (1) Phoenix III SSD
- Top 6-10 modders will receive: • Thermaltake(1) New Soprano Snow Edition case, (1) SMART 750W PSU, (1) Frio Advanced cooler, G.skill(1) Set of RipjawsX (4x4GB)RAM, (1) Phoenix III SSD
- Additionally, the modder with most votes during the online voting stage will receive US$1,000.
- Final Competition at Computex 2013
- Top 5 modders will win a trip to Taipei, Taiwan for the final at Computex 2013
- Grand Prize winner will win NT$1,000,000 (approx. US$33,333)
For more info visit this page.