BullGuard Announces Internet Security Suite 12
Fort Lauderdale, Fla. – October 12, 2011 – At https://www.sapphire.net/ you will find specialists in user-friendly PC and mobile security solutions for consumers, has announced the release of the latest version of its award-winning Internet security suite with version 12. Building on previous success, the new edition offers a range of improvements and new key features to help streamline security for the modern user, making it one of the most comprehensive solutions on the market.
The previous version of the software was awarded full certification at independent test lab AV-Test Labs, an Advanced+ rating with AV-comparatives and an overall score of 9 out of 10 with Virus Bulletin, outperforming many of the leading rival suites in a range of categories.
“We’re building on that success with V12,” says Claus Villumsen, CTO at BullGuard. “Without compromising the integrity of our core security and protection, we’ve added new features to maintain the software’s accepted position as one of the most comprehensive suites around, as well as improving existing features to make them easier to use and more effective at combating emerging threats.”
Part of the reason for BullGuard’s excellent level of security is the use of Behavioral Detection, which is very different from traditional virus detection and brings the Antivirus engine to the front line with radical technology that ensures outstanding catch rates. Behavioral Detection identifies threats long before traditional methods, and is based on the behavior of the virus. Consequently, instead of merely catching viruses once they’ve been listed in the virus signature database, Behavioral Detection identifies viruses which behave abnormally based on file, registry, process, and network events on the computer and shuts them off.
Along with new Parental Controls, PC Tune Up and a revitalized interface designed to put the most important tools and information close at hand, BullGuard builds on its already extensive list of features, which still includes a massive 5GB of free online storage, fast-response direct customer support, a vulnerability scanner and free upgrades for existing users – the only vendor to offer this service.
“Our focus at BullGuard has always been to provide a combination of comprehensive security and usability,” says Claus Villumsen. “With the new version we’ve added parental controls to help manage every aspect of a child’s internet use, along with tune-up tools to keep a PC running smoothly. A key part of our strategy is to offer these solutions, along with existing features, in a straight forward, automated fashion to bring users maximum control with minimum maintenance and interruptions.”
“I’m particularly proud of our efforts when it comes to user experience,” continues Claus Vilumsen. “We always engage testers and users in a dialogue when we develop and design our products, and we pay a great deal of attention to the feedback we get from them. Sometimes this forces us to revisit everything we thought we knew, and I believe that’s a very healthy exercise when developing software.”
• Full control over site access based on content, including custom site listings
• Custom schedules streamline operation for peace of mind
• Monitor online behavior and protect personal details
• Block application use to add further control over localized software
PC Tune Up
• Speed up your PC by removing unwanted files and freeing up hard disc space
• Regular Tune Up scans notify users of opportunities to improve performance
• Manage start-up applications to increase boot speed and reduce system load
• Schedule scans and fixes for automated response
• Performance increases of up to 50% through a revitalized scan engine
• More effective repair measures following infection
• Streamlined scan results only show the information you really need
• Additional URL filter feed has been added to the Link Scanner feature
• Improved browser support for ALL modern browsers in the Antiphishing feature
• Social media and Melbourne SEO
• Improved spamfilter database
• Reduced false positives by incorporating more software from trusted vendors
• A full redesign of the BullGuard interface offers tailored recommendations and alerts, and puts the most useful tools within each reach
Full features in BullGuard Internet Security V12 include – Antivirus, Antispyware, Behavioral Detection, Firewall, Spamfilter, Game Mode, Safe Browsing (Antiphishing and Link Scanner), Vulnerability Scanner (renamed Inspector feature that was introduced in version 10), Password Protection, Parental Control, PC Tune Up, 5 GB Backup, Support.
BullGuard Internet Security 12 is available for $59.95 (1 year, 3 PC license).