Kingston Digital Releases SSD Desktop Upgrade Solution
The Kingston? SSDNow V Series 40GB Boot Drive is one of the best and most cost-effective ways to accelerate any desktop?s boot, shutdown and application load times. It is available for as low as $84.99 after rebates (U.S. only) at e-tailer Newegg.com at launch*.
The SSDNow V Series 40GB Boot Drive offers instant performance enhancement coupled with reliability and lower power consumption at a fraction of the cost of a new system. The 40GB Boot Drive is the latest offering in our V Series SSD line. It provides a low-cost upgrade solution that complements the installed hard-disk drive to extend the life cycle of existing desktop computers and workstations in homes and offices, said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston.
Using the industry-standard PCMark? Vantage Advanced HDD Suite, the 40GB Boot Drive received a score of 13,883, whereas a 7200RPM hard-disk drive attained a score of 3,708**. PCMark Vantage Advanced HDD Suite runs a series of tests such as Windows Vista? startup, importing photos, adding music to Windows Media Center and application loading. The score is an indicator of how many bytes were moved per second.
Kingston?s SSDNow V Series 40GB Boot Drive is designed for novice SSD users looking to increase their current desktop performance. As part of Kingston?s goal to provide an easy upgrade path for first-time SSD users as well as do-it-yourself system builders, the drive is also available with a bundle that includes cloning software, 2.5″ to 3.5″ brackets and SATA data and power cable extenders. The SSDNow V Series 40GB Boot Drive is designed for a desktop system to be used in conjunction with an existing hard-disk drive (HDD). A PC operating system and key applications reside on the SSD while all data such as documents, music, files and photos remain on the HDD.
The Kingston SSDNow V Series 40GB Boot Drive has an MSRP of $115.00 (U.S.) and will begin shipping on November 9, 2009. It is backed by a three-year warranty, 24/7 tech support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit www.kingston.com.
Kingston SSDNow 40GB Boot Drive Features and Specifications:
- Sequential Speed***: up to 170MB/sec. read / 40MB/sec. write
- Performance: enhances productivity; makes users more efficient
- Innovative: 2.5″ form factor; uses NAND Flash memory components
- Silent: runs silent and cool with no moving parts
- Reliable: less likely to fail than a standard hard drive
- Shock Resistant: no moving parts; handles rougher conditions than a hard drive
- Supports S.M.A.R.T.: Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology
- Guaranteed: three-year Kingston warranty, 24/7 tech support
- Capacity1: 40GB
- Storage temperatures: -40? C to 85? C
- Operating temperatures: 0? C to 70? C
- Vibration operating: 2.17G (7-800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G (20-2000Hz)
- Power specs: Active: 0.15W (TYP); Sleep: 0.06W
- Life expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
* Offer available for limited time only. Will begin shipping November 9, 2009.
** Test system: Intel? DG45ID Desktop Motherboard; Intel? Core?2 Duo E6550 Desktop Process @ 2.33 GHz; 4GB system memory; on-board SATA 3Gbps with ACHI enabled; Windows Vista? SP2.
*** Based on internal testing. Performance may vary based on system settings.
1 Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. For more information, please consult Kingston?s Flash Memory Guide at Kingston.com/Flash_Memory_Guide.
MSRP (U.S. only)
SNV125-S2/40GB: 40GB 2.5″ SATA SSD (stand-alone drive) – $115.00
SNV125-S2BD/40GB: 40GB 2.5″ SATA SSD (desktop bundle) – $130.00
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. (?KDI?) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world?s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit http://www.kingston.com/ or call 800-337-8410.