AMD Raises the Performance Bar With Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
AMD today announced the world’s highest clocked quad-core processor for desktop PCs, the AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition processor. As an integral part of Dragon platform technology, this new processor features a stock frequency of 3.4 GHz, massive headroom, high-speed DDR3 memory support and AMD OverDrive 3.0 technology to deliver an enthusiast-class performance that fits into value-based budgets.
Since its initial launch in January 2009, Dragon platform technology has provided great performance at a great price. From the only company with unlocked CPUs and backwards compatibility for DDR2 memory, the AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition processor helps customers pay less for more, period. Available for a Suggested System Builder Price of $245, users opting for Intel may be paying more for less or equal performance.
With this platform, AMD is combining its fastest processor ever with the massive graphics processing muscle of its most powerful GPUs to enable the following features:
- Record-setting overclocking capabilities
- AMD OverDrive 3.0 tuning software
- High-speed DDR3 memory support
- Planned future DirectX 11 support for the latest games
- AMD Black Edition Memory Profiles for custom experiences
- Cool’n’Quiet 3.0 technology to enable improved efficiency and help keep your PC running cool and quiet