Lenovo Announces Military-Grade Laptops
Lenovo today announced that eight ThinkPad laptops – X200, X301, X200s, X200 Tablet, T400, T500, R400 and SL300 meet Military Specs for Semi-Rugged Computing.
The ThinkPad laptops met tests for:
- Low Pressure ? Tests operation at 15,000 feet
- Humidity ? Cycles 95 percent humidity through the environment
- Vibration (operational and non-operational) ? Jostles and jolts the laptops to make sure they can withstand shocks
- High Temperature ? Simulates high heat conditions by baking the laptop up to 140 degrees
- Low Temperature ? Tests operation at minus 4 degrees
- Temperature Shock ? Fluctuates between minus 4 and up to 140 degrees to test operation
- Dust ? Blows dust for an extended amount of time
Lenovo durability features include the:
- Active Protection System ? Temporarily parks the hard drive when the laptop detects a fall or sudden movement via an air-bag like system
- Roll Cage ? Serves as a protective frame around the internal components where the data resides and processing takes place with an extra top cover roll cage on the ThinkPad X301 laptop
- Shock Mounted Hard Drive ? Offers extra protection around the hard drive to protect data
- Spill Resistant Keyboard ? Withstands spills of up to two fluid ounces on select laptops allowing liquid to drain beneath the keyboard.
Lenovo is also adding a new optional 680-nit high brightness panel to its most popular laptop, the ThinkPad T400 laptop.