Nividia Releases 181.20 WQHL with GTX 285/295 Support
NVIDIA has just released GeForce Release 181.20 WHQL for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, and 200-series desktop GPUs. Here’s what is new in this release and what has been added:
* Added support for GeForce GTX 295 and GeForce GTX 285
* Enables NVIDIA SLI technology on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards with all SLI-certified GPUs.
* Enables NVIDIA SLI Multi-monitor support, giving you the ability to use two monitors with your GeForce graphics cards in SLI mode. Now you can easily switch between multi-monitor desktop mode and full screen 3D gaming mode. Learn more http://www.slizone.com/object/sli_multi_monitor.html
* Enables NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on a dedicated GeForce graphics card. Use one card for graphics and dedicate a different card for PhysX processing for game-changing physical effects. Learn more http://www.slizone.com/object/sli_cuda_learn.html (Note: GPU PhysX is supported on all GeForce 8-series, 9-series and 200-series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory. This driver package automatically installs PhysX System Software version 8.10.13).
* Supports GeForce Plus Power Pack #2.
* Added support for the new NVIDIA CUDA Video Encoder with H.264 optimization
Blazing Fast Performance:
Boosts performance in numerous 3D applications. The following are some examples of improvements measured with Release 180 drivers vs. Release 178 drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):
* Up to 10% performance increase in 3DMark Vantage (performance preset)
* Up to 13% performance increase in Assassin’s Creed
* Up to 13% performance increase in BioShock
* Up to 15% performance increase in Company of Heroes:
* Up to 10% performance increase in Crysis Warhead
* Up to 25% performance increase in Devil May Cry 4
* Up to 38% performance increase in Far Cry 2
* Up to 18% performance increase in Race Driver: GRID
* Up to 80% performance increase in Lost Planet:
* Up to 18% performance increase in World of Conflict
* Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL, including 3-way and Quad SLI technology.
* Supports CUDA.
* Supports Folding@home distributing computing application.
* Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
* Includes numerous 3D application compatibility fixes. Please read the release notes for more information on product support, features, driver fixes and known compatibility issues.