Vista Service Pack 2 going private beta this week
Set to be released for both Windows Vista and Server 2008, SP2 is set to enter a closed beta test as soon as next week with a small group of Technology Adoption Program customers being expected to get the SP2 beta on Wednesday, October 29.
According to Mike Nash, Corporate Vice President, Windows Product Management at Microsoft, the beta version of SP2 will include all post-SP1 patches/fixes, changes focused on supporting new types of hardware and will feature:
– Windows Search 4.0 for faster and improved relevancy in searches
– Bluetooth 2.1 Feature Pack supporting the most recent specification for Bluetooth technology
– Ability to record data on to Blu-Ray media natively in Windows Vista
– Windows Connect Now (WCN) to simplify Wi-Fi configuration
– UTC timestamps support for the exFAT file system to allow correct file synchronization across time zones