Catalyst 7.3 is now available
Highlights of the Catalyst 7.3 release include:
- Dark Messiah Might and Magic performance improves 12.5% or greater on all ATI Radeon X1000 series configurations running in Crossfire in both Windows XP and Windows Vista.? Largest gains of 60% or more can be seen on high end products.???
- OpenGL Crossfire support under Windows Vista – Catalyst 7.3 introduces OpenGL Crossfire support for the entire ATI Radeon X1000 product series under Windows Vista.? Users will see significant performance gains in a number of OpenGL applications when running in Crossfire mode under Windows Vista.?
- Crossfire enhancements for Windows Vista – Catalyst 7.3 includes Crossfire enhancements for Windows Vista that enable the Alternate Frame Rendering (AFR) Crossfire rendering mode by default, enabling performance benefits for all AFR compatible applications immediately (including newly released applications that have not been officially profiled for Crossfire).? Future Catalyst releases will add further Crossfire performance gains once new applications have been profiled specifically for Crossfire.? Please note that applications already profiled for AFR will not see any performance benefits from this feature.?
Highlights of the Linux Catalyst 7.3 (8.35.5) release include:
- This release on the AMD Catalyst? Linux Graphics Driver software suite introduces the Beta version of the AMD Catalyst Control Centre: Linux Edition to replace the FireGL Control panel.
- The screen no longer turns black if the X-Server is terminated from the text console. This condition was known to occur only on certain laptop configurations.?
For more information on Catalyst 7.3 (for Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Linux versions), including all of the resolved issues in this release, please see the Catalyst 7.3 release notes.