Whats in store for the next 3DMark?
Beyond3D recently interviewed Nicklas Renqvist, Futuremark’s benchmark development architect, and asked him about the next 3DMark release.
Here are some of the feature of the upcoming 3DMark:
- HDR rendering.
- Complex HDR post processing.
- Dynamic soft shadows for all objects.
- Water shader with HDR refraction, HDR reflection, depth fog and Gerstner wave functions.
- Heterogeneous fog.
- Atmospheric light scattering.
- Realistic sky model with cloud blending.
- Strauss lighting model for most materials.
- Subsurface scattering shader for some objects (not visible in the shot).
- Texture & normal map sizes: 1024 x 1024 to 2048 x 2048.
- Approximately 5.4 million triangles and 8.8 million vertices.